What is direct care?
Direct primary care (DPC) practices offer a full range of primary care services for a monthly or annual retainer fee paid directly to the practice. Instead of involving insurance companies for preventive and routine physician visits, a DPC practice bills patients directly via monthly membership fee, and in return, the patients become "members" of the office and enjoy enhanced access to their doctor and to medical care.
By cutting out the very expensive middleman of insurance, the doctor can provide longer visit times, same or next-day appointments, phone/video visits if practical, and the patient has direct access to their doctor via phone, text, and email. DPC clinics limit the number of members in order to ensure that the physician has sufficient availability for members of the practice. Although direct primary care models do not utilize insurance for the majority of services, families still can use their insurance plan for extensive laboratory testing, hospitalization, vaccination, or imaging.
What is included in my membership?
- All well-child visits
- Unlimited sick visits
- Newborn visits in your home
- Extended appointment lengths (30-90 minutes in length)
- No wait/minimal wait appointments
- Same-day/next-day appointments
- Continuity of care (every visit with a physician)
- After-hours of direct access to your physician for urgent/emergent issues
- Direct email/text access to your physician
- School, sports, or camp physicals
- Coordination of medical care
Please contact us today for more information about Pure Direct Pediatrics’ membership costs and inclusions.
As Featured In